Friday, January 6, 2012

Introduction to Donk Bet Counter-Strategies

Donk bet: the act of defending vs. a raise when out of position after limping or calling from the blinds and then leading into the raiser with a bet.

For these next several articles, I am going to explore the psychology and methods of donking that you will encounter. Rather than giving the solution (which I have), I first want to lay out the criteria for understanding why players are flocking to this increasingly important move in the 20bb CAP player's arsenal, as I feel that only if players understand the "why" first will they then be able to understand the "how" of defending against it.

I plan on doing this by introducing two special kinds of flops and their variants: the null flop and the "as yet to be cleverly named" other flop :)


No comments: